On Friday 10th July the school ethos group consisting of Y5 and Y6 children led a prayer walk based on the ‘Fruits of the Spirit’ which has been our worship theme over the summer term. The children had planned each station which consist of them leading a short worship session, delivering an activity and leading reflection and prayers. The school then rotated around each station in their classes. The seven station where:
1 Self Control - Led by Christopher Stratton and Kym Massie—Children thought about the theme of temptation with packets of Haribo as a visual aid!!
2. Love— Led by Lucy Burge and Samantha Strain—Children linked the story of the Prodigal Son to unconditional love and wrote prayers on special heart cards
3. Patience—Led by Harry Burge and Catherine Griffiths—children thought of times they had to show patience and then did some very tricky art work that required patience.
4. Peace—Led by Abby Taylor and Georgia Beaumont—Children thought about countries that have been affected by war, they wrote prayers on the back of the countries flags .
5. Faith—Led by Amber Godwin, Olivia Johnson and Katie Rothwell—children thought about what faith means to them and had to put their faith in someone whilst being led blindfolded through a sensory walk
6. Joy—Led by Katy Vos and Nicole Allister—Children considered the Joy Jesus brought to others and drew things which make them joyful to add to the ‘wall of Joy’
7. Gentleness - Led by Abi Roby and Maisy Groome— Children thought about the gentleness shown by the Good Samaritan, they attempted to be gentle by catching a bubble and considered other ways they could show gentleness.
What impressed me the most about the afternoon was the way in which the ethos group led other children with such confidence, enthusiasm and control! The other children responded really well and joined in with the activities eagerly and respectfully. Well done Ethos group—you are all stars!