The newly formed values and ethos group made up of eight Y6 children organised, led and delivered a fantastic day of activities on the last day of term. The day began with the children leading worship with the whole school and parents present. They delivered the message of God’s Love for us, the importance of showing love in actions as well as words and also of loving everyone equally in a fun and enjoyable way and with great confidence too. The children had then organised various activities for the children to do in class which included:
· Love bookmarks with 'Corinthians 13' Bible Verse.
· Heart paper chains to show that ‘we are all joined together in love at Lordsgate’.
· A broken heart jigsaw to consider ways we can mend broken hearts.
· A love treasure box to keep messages and keepsakes for the ones we love.
· Love mobiles to hang on our tree of love that is displayed in the entrance area.
At lunchtime Mrs Trafford and the team had baked heart shaped biscuits and special cakes to add to the occasion. It was great to see so many parents visit to share in the activities. The day was a great success and we look forward to the group of children working on similar days in the future. A very special mention to the L.O.V.E group for their hard work, giving up lunchtimes and their enthusiasm towards the project. Well done to Eleanor Bemment, Joe Rowbottom, Helena Brooks, Megan Jones, Yasmin Johnson, Chloe Birch , Lucy Nelson and Charlotte Lewis.