School Sports Grant
At Lordsgate we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children. We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children.
Our Primary School Sport’s Funding will enable us to continue and extend our provision through employing additional sports professionals, entering into more competitive sports competitions and training our staff to deliver in-house quality PE sessions.
What is the Sports Premium?
The government has been provided funding for schools since 2013 to provide new and substantial primary school sport funding. The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. In 2020/2021 each school will receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.- here at Lordsgate that will mean around £20,000 a year. The money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of the funding
Schools can spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses of the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or material for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and residential visits
Below are the details of how we spend the school sports grant. On-going impact of this funding on pupils’ PE and sports participation and attainment and teachers CPD will also be detailed on these pages.