Our aim is to make children into independent, confident and successful learners within the context of a broad and balanced curriculum. Our curriculum is based on the intention to develop children in 3 key areas:
At Lordsgate, children will develop and apply their knowledge and skills across the curriculum through:
- a relevant, exciting and enjoyable curriculum;
- children initiating learning that follows their interests, skills and talents;
- learning key skills of reading fluently, writing, mathematics, speaking with confidence and using new vocabulary;
- using new technologies effectively and safely to be digitally literate;
- including enrichment activities such as trips, visits and learning in the outdoors utilising local resources and our community.
At Lordsgate, we aim to encourage independent learners through behaviours and attitudes which:
- develop children who know how to learn, are self-motivated and resilient;
- encourage risk taking and perseverance as part of developing a positive mindset.
At Lordsgate, we teach children personal development skills, to value themselves and our diverse society through:
- providing opportunities to develop an understanding of themselves through personal, social, moral and spiritual experience;
promoting activities that develop a sense of curiosity and wellbeing;
keeping active, taking notice of the world around them and connecting and giving to others;
providing an awareness of the wider world, different religions, cultures and societies.
"You make known to me the path of life."